Dear Redeemer Divine by Bala Benjamin Haruna

Dear redeemer divine, 
Your love is sweeter than wine.
We the branch, you the vine, 
beauty is in the art of your design.
Comfort, peace and joy is in the helm of your hand,
Only a fool will despise you for the swine.
You are my strength, my bones and my cartilage;
My safety and my hope, in you I seek refuge.

Shall I then a Shakespearean compare 
thy love to a summer's day,
Or thy grace to the milky way?
Shall I be a weatherman and compare 
thy rage to a thunder's rage,
Or morn as a city that is caught in thy rage?
Yea, even in thy rage, Your love shall never age;
I will sing of your love like a Mockingjay.

Who is this man that you chose to lavish such a divine sup of grace?
What does he have that you chose to look with such Godly gaze?
You took upon yourself our infirmities,
Drowning our unrighteousness in the dark sea of forgetfulness;
We once cursed and condemned, restitute and prostitutes
murderers and woremongers You called Your sons and daughters.
With your sacred blood You washed us of our curse
And thus forgave us our unfaithfulness.

Early in the morn shall I sing a new song to Thee
On the paltry - and on an instrument of ten strings 
Play sweet melodies in unto thee.
I will love You above all these 
that seem to glitter before me;
Not for the fact that you are good, merciful and kind;
No Not even for your grace, blessings and lovingness.
For Even though all these may fade,
You have and will always remain GOD.
I will worship Your Being just GOD.

Search my heart and fail not to give me reproof,
Teach me Your ways that I may walk in your footsteps;
Be my guide that I may not leave your path,
And my light that I may Your glory glow as a neon light in this darkness.
So oft as I shall come into Your presence unworthy
To give you reverence as due;
I shall not leave your sight cursed, 
but always remain blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMBRACING THE DIVINE LOVE: A SOURCE OF STRENGTH AND RENEWAL

FAITHFULNESS

JOY