Mortal, Immortal me by Akinyemi Mary Stephanie





Mortal, Immortal me

I realise immortality
Is not for a mortal like me.
Strange how I could live
And attain hall of fame;
Still one day comes and
Dawns, but I won’t be
Among the other mortals like me.
I will be gone. But still…
I live in the heart of those
I’ve touched until they too
Go and be no more.

I will transcend to the mouths of those
They’ve told of me
The mark I left
when they look they see me.
I live.
I will become like the countless stars
In the sky shining my
Light only at night and
Not dawning as the day comes



About the Poet
Akinyemi Mary Stephanie is a writer and literary critic and counselor. She is currently a 400L Student of A.B.U, Zaria where she studies Public Administration. Miss Akinyemi is also holding a post at F.C.S Counseling Unit for the 2019/2020 Spiritual Session.

Send us a Mail to get in touch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMBRACING THE DIVINE LOVE: A SOURCE OF STRENGTH AND RENEWAL

FAITHFULNESS

THE IDEA OF PURPOSE