FINDING ME by Akinyemi Mary Stephanie






FINDING ME

Look what I’ve become
An impulsive step to finding me
An unsought act of life
I’m hurting me, my other self or Him

I hurt when I think of it
I don’t know if I should take
that step of letting go
I don’t know if I should make
right my wrong
Or if its fate playing its role

Funny how I’m not ready
to take that step of letting go
I don’t want to let go
Call it selfish or wishful,
I want to take it all
It messages, it calls, its attention…
Even though I know it wouldn’t last forever
We will be forced to wake up to life’s call
But for while I can still have it, I want it

Strange how we take it
on ourselves to hurt us
How easy it is to really break it
all by ourselves our own
I hurt all by my own doing
I feel broken thanks to me
Filled with the capacity of breaking me.


Only in this moment when
I feel down and wishing
For me everything is
Different from what it is
I hope and pray I am enough
For me and though
It all, I will come
To love and accept me
For me alone



About the poet
Akinyemi Mary Stephanie is a writer and literary critic and counselor. She is currently a 400L Student of A.B.U, Zaria where she studies Public Administration. Miss Akinyemi is also holding a post at FCS Counseling Unit for the 2019/2020 Spiritual Session.

Send us a Mail to get in touch.
Don't forget to Comment and Share.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMBRACING THE DIVINE LOVE: A SOURCE OF STRENGTH AND RENEWAL

FAITHFULNESS

THE IDEA OF PURPOSE