I AM A MONSTER


       


Am a monster,
Am a demon,
Am a terror, a criminal….
My footsteps sentence a near death experience,
Am bad news,
To be feared and ignored,
Why? Cause I carry calamity
I am dreadful
Am a pain,
Deserving nothing but to be casted out
But above all this
Am a CHILD

If you will but please
Look past all this and love me
I will come alive
I long for the day you will hold me,
Hug me and scold me,
The day you will rebuke me and love me,
Not cause am beautiful,
But cause you're sweet,
Not cause am good,
But that you're nice.

I look up to you daily with my
soulful brown eyes,
You're my hero,
I don’t know how to love and so I admire you,
With my small hand fit for a napkin
I try to hold you,
Just maybe if you hold on to me,
You can lead me to that perfect life.
You lead,
I always want to be like you,
Its a fantasy I want to make real,

But me keeps stopping me
From being you
But in the only language I can speak
Which is violence
I still speak it,
In a way language fail,
I try to speak.

It hurts cause you don't speak my language
And I don't understand yours,
Many have different names for me
But I answer to none,
Some call me Terrorist,
Some call me Thief,
Some call me Gateman,
Some call me Mallam,
Some call me Aboki

But am human
Not like the man on the tree
Blood flow from my side
Not water

Am just like you, Now don’t act like you don't know me
Cause you do
Am your next door neighbor
Am your help
Am the one who sleep on mat
While you sleep on bed
Am the one who walk around with no shoes
While you sit comfortably in your cars
Am the naked ones
You’re  the one with rags
I eat of your crumbs
Even if some taste like worm
Am the one who leave my comfortable home
In search of knowledge
So you can call me Almajiri
But  am not a beggar
You can call me an illiterate
But not hopeless
You can call me a society nuisance
But don’t call Bad omen

Am the one fulfilling CHRIST’s mandate
Go ye into the world and preach the goodnews,
So what?
What if my message is wrong,
My mindset is not
And Yahweh really searches the heart,
So I think I should for warn you
Because the last will be first and so the first will be last.
So maybe I should feel proud now
Or maybe not,
Cos in the end,
We all have what's expected,
Now you watch out for the manifestation
Of me,
I am the Word made flesh
I am the Light of the world
I am the Salt of generations
I am ALMAJIRI!!!!!!!!!
                                          ©Olaide

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EMBRACING THE DIVINE LOVE: A SOURCE OF STRENGTH AND RENEWAL

FAITHFULNESS

THE IDEA OF PURPOSE